Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Conservation


Shirt - Lane Bryant (thrifted); Skirt - Target (circa 2000); Belt - Rampage (via TJ Maxx);
Boots - Diba (via Steinmart); Ring - TJ Maxx; Bracelet and Necklace - Macy's
I became a fan of thrifting in my early college days when I was trying to adjust to being on my own for the first time on a meager pittance. I realized that you could find some gems if you were able to deal with imperfections... strategically placing pins to cover stains, replacing missing buttons, and sewing up ripped seams or slipping hems became a sort of past time for me. This Lane Bryant was missing a button, but still had the original tags attached with that oh-so-wonderful extra button envelope still in place. I couldn't believe that someone was willing to discard such a lovely, breast enhancing item simply because it was missing a button. I also can't believe that I am too lazy to sit down and sew on the button that was provided....I just put on a belt to cover it up. Luckily, the belt adds the illusion of a waist to my apple figure. The boots were added to give a little funk to my conservative business attire today. Don't normally go so conservative two days in a row, but I always kick it up a notch when I have meetings with clients. While my office is business casual, I firmly believe that you should dress to show the people around you how important they (or their event) are to you. I wear dresses or skirts to baby showers, I always wear a dress to a wedding, and, while others around me wear the acceptable polo shirt and chinos for a weekly progress meeting, I break out my skirt and heels.
On the healthy side, yesterday I got 2 servings of fruit, 4 servings of vegetables, and the minimum required 8 glasses of water. Man, getting that water is hard some days. I have a little ways to go towards the recommended 9 fruits and veggies daily, but this was a good start. My arms are looking a bit meaty today, so I'm glad I spent some time working on them last night while Husby and I watched The Hurt Locker (AWESOME). Add in the 15 minutes of cardio I did walking on campus yesterday and I achieved my 30 minutes daily goal. Overall, a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Something is wrong with Blogger today. I cannot get spaces to appear between my paragraphs. Apologize for the sloppiness.

    ReplyDelete