Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Shirt and Pants - TJ Maxx; Cardi and Earrings- Steinmart; Shoes - Old Navy; Belt - Thrifted;

Necklace - Premiere; Owl Ring - Bakers


I generally shy away from the Junior's Department. Firstly, I'm plus sized, and Junior's Clothes typically run smaller, meaning an XL would make me look more like a wrapped sausage than a woman. And secondly, because I have had two children which have left me with an excess of skin and fat in the belly region that Junior's shirts are often too short to cover up. This floral sheer gem is technically Junior's and passed the belly test on both ends. I love how the flowers are so bright and varied that I can dress it many ways. This day I went dark, but I could easily go pink or lilac or even yellow with ease on a more springy day. Although technically Spring, the record rainfall in my town this month has really got me down and it's tough to pull off the brights just yet.
You'd better pay attention. Mr. Owl is watching you. Dress - Liz Lange Maternity (thrifted); Belt - Steinmart; Necklace, Earrings and Ring - Various Anniversary gifts from Husby
I LOVE these jewelry items from Husby. They are bold, yet neutral. They are statement and classy. The only part I regret is that I feel that the shells are only appropriate in the spring and summer. Maybe I'll get over that. But for now, I'm just happy that their season has returned. The dress is a maternity dress that I just cannot retire, because of the gorgeous color. And since I discovered that my 70's hooker clogs of the previous post match it exactly this resolve is further reinforced. Happy Day in extreme maternity comfort.
Things that suck in the transition of pregnant to mother, that No ONE bothered to tell me:
1. You are no longer able to proudly display your big fat belly.
2. You feel guilty about everything non vegetable that you put in your mouth.
3. Feeling the kicks. God, I miss feeling the kicks still. It's like you lose a part of you.
4. You lose the comfy excess and stretchyness of Maternity Clothes. You don't realize how much you hate zippers and buttons until you spend 5 months in expandawaist maternity pants.
5. You have to worry whenever you sneeze if it's going to be a sninkle. (tinkle + sneeze)
6. Freaky crazy big, milk engorged, painful breasts. Then, you fall in love with them, right before you stop nursing and lose them.
7. Post freaky crazy big, milk engorged breasts that you now need to fold up into a braziere.
8. Three other things that I can't remember because my babies ate my brain cells.

But GOD, I love those beautiful babies. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I just love how many clothes of color you own! And I don't know what you did to your hair in the second set of pix here, but can I get a sexy hot mama hair?! Woot woot! :) I'm starting to panic over summer clothes...showing more skin (aka Momma-wrinkles and rolls) are making me sink back into my jeans and t-shirts! Keep your inspiration coming! You are just so durn beautiful...I hope to emulate!

    ReplyDelete