Sunday, May 15, 2011

Let the Sunshine In

Dress - Lands End (gift from MIL); Belt - Thrifted; Shoes - Jessica Simpson (thrifted); Necklace - ME; Earrings - Steinmart

This dress was so comfy, it was like wearing jammies to work. I see myself wearing this dress a lot. For my first attempt, went with the red and blue, but I'm excited about adding some yellow, or lime to it for this spring. Thought I'd try safe and toned down for the first wearing. I'm finding that my favorite gifts lately are gift cards. Used to hate them, cause I thought they were the cop out gift for those that lack imagination. Now I love them, cause they let me shop guilt free. Hint, hint Hubs.

Skirt - Spiegel; Sweater - Style & Co (Macy's); Shirt, Necklace and Belt - JC Penny; Shoes - Rampage (Macy's); Earrings - Chicos

This was the first wearing of my long-searched for yellow pencil skirt, but the last wearing of one of my favorite memory pieces. These pumps were purchased when I got engaged to wear to my bridal showers. I was in a very classic black & white phase at the time (with a lot of polka dots) and I wore these shoes to nearly every event for the wedding outside from the actual ceremony. Problem is, they kill my feet. They are a bit too big, not being available in half sizes, and the cut of the shoes is a bit to wide for my average width feet. I spend so much time fighting with them to stay on that they hurt my arches. By lunch time at the office, I was barefoot under my desk, only walking when absolutely necessary, cause the thought of putting them back on made me cringe. Not the kind of shoes to wear when you're trying to get your step count up. I recently gave these shoes to the Lovely LaraTelena. Hopefully she can make them fulfill their shoe destiny. I'll post any pics she sends me. Hint, hint, Lara.

3 comments:

  1. that dress looks amazing on you...so versatile! Love ow you styled that great yellow pencil skirt with that pretty patterned shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee...I have to get those half-size fitting things, but the width is PERFECT for me! I'm SO excited to wear these! :)

    ReplyDelete