Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ode to a Grecian Urn

Dress and Boots - Thrifted; Sweater and Leggings - Steinmart; Belt - TJ Maxx; Necklace - ME; Ring - Steinmart; Cuff - Premiere

There are two color combinations that I try to stay away from; red, white and blue, and red, white and black. One evokes images of fireworks and the other newspapers. Regardless how trendy my red, white and blue attire, I still feel like the schoolteacher with american flag vest or redneck with flag bandana on. Red, white and black, however makes me feel EVERYONE else. It makes me feel like the old me. The me whose idea of being wacky was adding a bit of red to my black and white outfit. The me whose wardrobe consisted of 95% white and black. But I was losing track of what white and black was - Classic. I can wear the color combinations of the general public and still feel like me. I don't have to sacrifice my style. I loved this outfit and what it stood for. Plus, it was super comfy.

Shirt and Pants - Steinmart; Shoes - TJ Maxx; Belt - NY & Co; Ring - Steinmart; Belt - NY & Co; Earrings - Chico's; Necklace and Bracelet - Premiere

I have a serious problem. I went to a jewelry party last night and knew the name of nearly every item that the girls had on or the rep showed us. Without looking at the catalog. I apparently have an obsession with premiere jewelry. It was easy to restrain myself last night as I realized that everything I wanted, I already own.

I love this shirt for its conservative, yet sexy look. Everything of importance is covered, but the sheer sleeves and peek-a-boo shoulders are spicy. I love the flowy sleeves which give it a bit of a Grecian feel. Husby said that my outfit was plum-tastic.

1 comment:

  1. Heehee! I do love that necklace, though! And I've rethought every pick for my freebees! Thanks for the advice! :)

    ReplyDelete