Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pajamas in the Workplace

Dress - Merona (thrifted); Boots - Marshalls; Sweater - NY & Co (thrifted); Necklace - Target;

Ring - Steinmart; Earrings - Premiere; Belt - Thrifted


When I bought this dress, I couldn't figure out whether it was a nightgown or a dress. I was thrilled at the delicious ambiguity. It's soft and loose, yet clingy. It's delicate and feminine, yet super duper comfy. I felt like I was in Jammies all day, which made it the perfect Friday dress. My office mates and I walked to the BW3 that shares our parking lot for some discount wings for lunch and while the guy at the front dest told the male customer in front of me, they didn't have anything open for lunch, when I stepped up to the desk, he told my breasts that he'd find something for me.

When you are a female engineer, you get used to being terribly outnumbered by men...in school and then in work. And no offense to the amazing and well adjusted male engineers out there that I am sure exist, most of the ones that I have worked alongside are a bit awkward. I'm used to my boobs getting talked to. I learned early on that it's not a form of harrassment....it's a man not used to having conversations with voluptuous women.


So when the girls were being stared at by a total stranger, I took advantage of the situation and got my co-workers a table. It is right? Probably not. And if I used their power for evil, on a regular basis, I'd feel guilty. But since I spend nearly every day pretending that I don't have them, I felt they were due for some recognition.

Rating - Two Thumbs Up with a basket of Wings

1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned just how much I love you?! And my hubby is secretly smiling as I read him this post! :)

    ReplyDelete