Sunday, September 4, 2011

Boring Business

 Skirt - JC Penny; Shirt - Gift; Shoes - Clarks; Jewelry - Premiere
Shirt - Steinmart; Skirt - Anne Klein (thifted); Shoes - Stuart Weitzman (thifted); Bracelet - Premiere; Necklace and Earrings - Me

We had some major league big wigs coming into the office this week for a client interview to win a HUGE project.  When I have meetings with clients, I tend to dress up a little more, usually breaking out a dress or donning a pencil skirt.  I do not, however tone down my color or pattern choices for clients.  Its a bit different when corporate big wigs are in town.  I always get a little nervous that they may see my color choices as frivolous and make a snap judgement about my work performance.  I may be worrying for nothing, but in this economy, with the threat of layoffs always looming, I don't want to do anything to jeopardize even the perceptions made about me. 

So, that being said, this is my twist on boring business. Yes, I'm all in gray, but I mixed plaid and polka dots.  And Stuart was able to give me a pop of color while still being muted and understated.  One of the female higher ups even complimented my shoes :-)

2 comments:

  1. The plaid and polka dots are a great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very executive, yet far from boring. Beautifully done, I say!

    ReplyDelete