Monday, September 19, 2011

Take On Me

Shirt - Old Navy (thrifted); Pants - Gap (maternity - gifted); Earrings - Steinmart; Ring - NY&Co; Shoes - Nine West (thrifted)
This is not an optical illusion.  This is not a graphic editing trick. My shoes have lips on them.  Not just lips, magenta and blue lips.  These shoes make me think of the 80's and, more specifically, the A-Ha video for Take On Me.  No, I don't think there were any crazy colored lips in that video.  I just said it made me think of it.
This shirt is another on of the freebie's I took a chance on in the Plato's Clearance grab bag event.  A chance well taken, as I think it is very flattering.  And I discovered this weekend as I was packing for a camping trip, that I don't really own any khaki's or jeans that aren't maternity.  Not because regular ones don't fit me.  But because I rarely wear either.  I was gifted a bunch of both from my bestie's older sister who also has freakishly long legs and I never really saw the point of buying non-maternity ones since I don't wear them enough to warrant.  Plus, all her stuff was from the Gap, and who makes better jeans than the Gap??  I wear them proudly.

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes = awesome!

    Have you seen the lip tattoos? I haven't seen any that have images of tiny shoes...but you can get leopard spots, polka dots, or words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit and ooooh, those shoes! Killer!

    ReplyDelete