Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Cardi - NY & Co (thrifted), Belt  - Thrifted; Shoes - Mossimo (Thrifted); Capris - Gap (maternity);  Shirt - NY  & Co; Earrings and Bracelet - Steinmart

This outfit was part of my attempt to find yet another non-christmassy red/green combo.  This shirt is a pale bluish green, so I guess it could technically be classified at teal, but I thought I'd give it a shot in my ever present quest for things not black or blue that go with red.  Sadly, my beautiful tomato NY&Co cropped cardi got caught on something (not really sure what) this day and got a ginormous hole in the back. It has since been retired (to the garbage) as it was a hole that I could not repair.  I searched for months for the perfect red cardi.  Now I am again on the quest. :-(

The shoes support my theory that every good shoe eventually ends up at Platos.  I saw these shoes on Target.com for around $25 dollars.  Although adorable, and I still on my mind weeks later, the words 'I'll wait until they show up at Plato's' actrually came out of my mouth in my externalized internal monologue.  And lo and behold, around 3 months later, they showed up at Plato's in my size.  Our union was meant to be.  And they are surprisingly comfortable.  A match made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment