Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ladies Day Out

Shirt - Macy's (FREE); Skirt - Dots; Pumps - Thrifted; Bracelets - Macy's; Necklace and Earrings - Premiere; Glasses - Banana Republic via Giovanetti Eye Care

I saw this shirt online a while ago and thought little of it. I don't know if the model was too skinny or if it was the way she was standing, but it just looked bleh. When my mom convinced me to try it on during a recent ladies day out, I was floored at how adorable it looked. I love the lacey feminine details and the muted floral pallette. Thanks MOM! And Macy's rewards bucks making it free made it even cuter!

And the skirt....I've tried several times to look at Dots because of the inexpensive cost, but was not impressed. Fabrics seemed cheap; Clothes poorly slapped together. I gave them another try this spring when I was looking for shorts. I was struggling because every regular store, like Old Navy and Target, made shorts that were the equivalent of but-moo-moos when you passed size 12. They lacked shape and just hung like bags. So I tried Dots, remembering they had a plus sized section. What I found was surprisingly good quality, excellent fit and a good variety of stylish options for the plus sized. True, the plus sections was super small and much more expensive than the skinny side, but it was choc full of gems and reasonable priced. I found 3 pairs of shorts and a brown pencil skirt with adorable ruching down the sides.

Maybe I've figured out their plan. Skinny women can shop anywhere, so cut corners where you can and make em cheap.... But plus sized women want fit and fashion and will pay a bit more...within reason, that is.

2 comments:

  1. There is something about the length of your hair, the bangs, and the headbancd that makes me think of a naughty librarian with those glasses! :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brown skirt! I SO want that skirt! I'm gonna have to check out Dots! The shirt looks scarey for me, but so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete