Friday, July 29, 2011

New 'Do

Skirt - Macy's (FREE); Shirt - thrifted; Shoes - Jessica Simpson (thrifted); Belt - NY&Co; Cardi - NY&CO (thrifted); Ring - Steinmart; Earrings - Chicos; Necklace - Premiere

While my new cut felt drastic to me, it doesn't look that different in this photo. The major difference, aside from 4 inches in length, is the feel. No more fuzzy ends, more thickness...it just feels healthier. And, I was able to get my hair in a condition I was willing to go to work in without touching a heating tool or stylig product (other than my hair dryer). That is a big bonus and saved me about 15 minutes. For a non-morning person that is HUGE. However, a few weeks into this haircut, and I'm ready to go shorter.....

As for the clothes....this picture doesn't do this outfit justice. I fell in love with the thrifted $2.00 tank top because of its floral pattern in muted tones. And I loved the contrast of the black and white striped back (probably should have gotten a back shot). But lately my handsome little boy had a great desire to become a part of the picture process. Hubs and I sneak into the dining room while he's enthralled in Mickey Mouse Club House and try to quickly pose and snap before the boy rushes in and stands next to me with a smile and a head tilt and a hand on his hip. Its freakin' adorable, but makes for rushed blog shots. Hubs is Graphic Designer, but there's only so much photoshopping-of-boy-out-of-picture that he is willing to do for MY hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment