Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Am I Blue...

Tunic - JC Penny; Leggings - ??; Boots - Payless; Belt - Steinmart;
Necklace and Earrings - Premiere; Bracelets - Macy's
.
This is what I wore to work. Then, this is what I wore to the hospital to sit for 5 hours after my son toppled off his changing table and bumped his head. This is what I was wearing when I found out he has a fractured skull. One of those bangles are what he held underneath the cocooney blanket that he was wrapped in to get his CT scan to determine whether there was a brain bleed. This is what I laid in his hospital bed cuddling with him while we waited for results. This is what I wore home when he was released with a very minor fracture which they ensure me will heal on its own. This shirt has seen many tears and it will be quite some time before I pull it out again. I know it's not a bad luck charm or anything. But you know how smells can bring back memories? Clothes do that for me. And this shirt has some pretty sad/scary ones which I don't soon want to relive.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry that happened to you and Eli! I'm very glad that he is going to be okay. I would feel the same way about the shirt too, even though you did look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I can't imagine! Heck with ever wearing this one again. I say give it away. Have you ever heard of fly lady? Love her. She talks a lot about not saving those things that bring bad memories. The memories will never go away. Love it, love the color, but it's nothing special enough to EVER relive that experience.

    ReplyDelete