Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Black & White and Red All Over

Tank as Vest - New York & Co (thirfted); Shirt - thrifted;
Pants - Style & Co (Macy's); Shoes - Thrifted; Bracelets - Macy's;
Belt - Thrifted; Earrings and Flower Pin - Steinmart
When I asked Husby if my pattern mixing was too much, he said 'It's okay." When I probed a bit further, he responded, in an equally nonplussed fashion, 'You look fine.' Fine?? FINE?? I don't want to just look fine. I felt stylish and clever and fashion forward and beautiful. I've got on plaid AND stripes at the same time for Cripes Sake!! You're my husband. You're supposed to feel it too!! The second picture is my reaction to 'Fine' and he thought it was so funny that he took a picture of it.
.
But...the reality is, him saying 'Fine' is his way of saying 'It's not my favorite, but you're still my Goose'. I don't dress for compliments. I don't dress for him (most of the time). I dress for me. And Me liked this outfit. Me felt great all day. Go Me! And I'm in love with my surprisingly comfy, super-pointy, plaid fabric pumps. $8 well spent at Plato's Closet. In fact, with all the thrifted and clearance garb I'm wearing, this outfit - shoes and jewelry included - cost around $40.

No comments:

Post a Comment