Friday, December 17, 2010

Ugly Pretty

Cardi - Macy's; Pants - Target; Shirt, Tank and Loafers- Steinmart;
Necklace and Earrings - Premiere; Belt - NY & Co (thrifted)
.
One of my favorite movies, Kissing Jessica Stein, has a scene where they discuss sexy ugly. You know, guys like Nicholas Cage and James Woods who are not empirically attractive, but something about them makes them sexy. This sweater is the apparel version of sexy ugly. The sweater is so ugly that it's actually really pretty. When I first saw it, I thought it looked like vomit. Teal, orange, purple, mustard, olive in a floral pattern....but I was so drawn to it. And I love how it pairs with this orange shirt. The teal belt was just icing on the cardi cake. So many options.....
.
What I love most, though, is that I found a way to style pants that I thought was flattering on me. See, I'm a pencil skirt kinda gal. My body type and curves leave me feeling frumpy in most full-length slacks. Not today, my friends. YAY!!
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up

5 comments:

  1. I adore that cardi! The colors you put together are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sexy Ugly apparel, you crack me up. I may have to steal that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! As soon as I read the title I knew exactly what you were referring to! I love that movie. And you're right, something about the cardi works...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ha! Sexy ugly! Love it! And LOVE this sweater! You have to work that in somewhere again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoes can either make or break me because sometimes I make walking in heels seem like practicing to be the next Frankenstien. So I could wear your shoes since they aren't stilettos. But I would throw you down in the street to steal your cardigan. Good thing you don't live in Knoxville.

    ReplyDelete