Thursday, December 30, 2010

Raspberry Beret

Shirt - NY & Co (thrifted); Sweater - Express (thrifted); Skirt - JC Penny;
Pumps - Nine West (thrifted); Jewelry - Me
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweater. I found it in a thrift shop and normally run away from pink (something about growing up in a pepto bismol room), but I couldn't resist the rich raspberry color. I felt so feminine and gorgeous all day.
And these shoes....these $8 metallic thrifted shoes have gotten more wear in the 6 months that I've owned them than most of the shoes in my closet have their entire shoe-lives. What can I wear them with? What CAN"T I wear them with :-)
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up
.
I hadn't shopped at NY & Co since it changed name from Lerner NY (mostly because that's around the time I became plus sized and didn't think they could fit me), but I've noticed that I have many thrifted items from there, so I recently took a look. I am in LOVE!! The colors, their belt collection.....I could have done some serious damage. Good thing I had Sophie with me to keep me honest-ish :-) Yes I bought a cardi and a few clearance belts.
.
So with the new year comes a new resolution. Since I started blogging in July, this will be my first year blogging from the beginning of the year. My goal is to not duplicate any outfits for 365 days, without doing any shopping. I know, I've said I would stop shopping before, but I found that it was something I couldn't do completely cold turkey. I weaned myself down immensely this past year, but I'm heading into 2011 a bit more determined and with a little more insight into myself.
.
I shop to get away from my life, to spend some time not being mommy, student or wife. I knew that. But shopping doesn't have to involve buying. I buy for another reason. I buy because with each new purchase it's another opportunity to bring something into my wardrobe which will make me feel better about myself. This shirt, that belt, that pair of shoes...yes, they make me feel great when I put them on the first time, but it fades and I'm still left with me. I need to like me more - mostly on the outside. But my dislike on the outside is internalizing and it's not healthy. Instead of making good choices and actively trying to make myself look/feel better, I just buy more clothes to cover up my body. And I need to stop.
.
So, I thank all of my readers, who give me feedback positive or negative, cause I'm learning how to feel good in what I already have.
.
And I thank my Husby for dealing with my crazy on a daily basis, for being my most honest critic, and being my most staunch supporter in making me feel beautiful every day.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you felt gorgeous all day because you WERE gorgeous all day! This is such a great color for you! I don't own anything this color, but now I'm thinking I need to!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look gorgeous!

    I came back to let you know that I've had that song going through my head for at least 30 minutes now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely beautiful, Goose! Love you!

    ReplyDelete