Friday, March 4, 2011

Primary Resolution

Shirt and Tank - Old Navy; Skirt - Macy's (FREE); Tights - We Love Colors and Old Navy;
Shoes - Liz Claiborne (Steinmart); Belt - Thrifted; Ring - Steinmart
.
Ignore everything from the shoulders up. I had a client workshop this day, followed by a class and Husby wasn't up when I left for work in the morning, so this picture was taken after 14 hours of being worn, as was my makeup and hair. I felt like I might have been a bit over the top when I left the house this morning, but the slew of compliments, coming from total strangers, ensured me that I was right on the mark. I loved how colorful this all was and look forward to wearing this fabulous yellow, red, green and blue floral buttondown in other primarily wonderful ways. Plus, this outfit was really comfy, so the 14 hours were pretty bearable (for my body at least...my mind was a different story.)
.
I'm going shopping this afternoon with my best friend and her mother for her birthday. She's the type of girl who, although absolutely gorgeous with a fabulous figure, is so critical of herself, she never buys clothes because she never feels anything looks good on her. I am going to do my best to help her see in the mirror what I see every day. But I have to be strong and not shop for me.
.
The prayer of the shopaholic - 'Lord, grant me the restraint to enter one of my favorite stores and refrain from buying things that I really want but do not need, and the wisdom to tell the difference. Amen'
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up

5 comments:

  1. Your blue and green combo looks great and heaven knows the price of the skirt is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit, but personally, I'm not a fan of the different color greens in the skirt and tights. But I LOVE the skirt and shirt! I am striving to leap out of my box some more to wear such vibrant colors! You are an/my inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara, I totally agree with you. The greens looked dead on in my dimly lit bedroom. When I got to work I realized, but too late to change. Lesson learned - those green tights don't go with my green skirt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm about to quote my girl here....
    'DAMN, you've got some wicked style...'
    I've just successfully gone through at least the past year of this blog, and your sense of color is out of this world.
    just so you know... i'll probably be dressing my random drawings up in your outfits. also, when i'm rich someday, you're going to be my personal stylist.
    i can't wait to go thrifting with you!
    <3

    ReplyDelete