Sunday, March 13, 2011

Skirt Love

Skirt, Shirt, Sweater, Belt and Shoes - Thrifted; Tights - Old Navy;
Earrings - Steinmart; Necklace - Premeire
This outfit is almost entirely the fruit of my Valentine's thrifting excursion to find a colorful pencil skirt. As you can see I was successful. It was 25% off day and my outfit cost a total of $8.50. That's some thrifting I can get behind (and Husby was okay with, too). The skirt was $1.50, so it has already earned its worth :-) The shoes are a bit odd in that they won't zip up (even when off), but I actually kind of liked them unzipped anyway, so here they are. I love the orangey leather, which is so on trend know. I love the red skirt and it will be making MANY return appearances, as well as the cream lace shirt, which is such a fun neutral piece. Rating - Two Thumbs Up

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Though the brown shoes and black cardi...you have me holding my head in my hands rocking back and forth! Why can't I get onboard mixing browns and blacks?!?! I need more fashion therapy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara, the pics aren't showing it justice....both times you chastized me for black and brown it was actually dark brown (not black) that I was wearing....Black brown mixing is hard for me, too. I always tag the colors that I wear...if you only see brown, then there is no black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, girl....I hear chastize, and I think "nasty, punishing..." I hope you know I didn't mean it that way at all! And the labels are nice to know about! I just thought those were the words you used in your blog! After giving the pic a hard look, and seeing the dark brown, I can wipe the sweat from my brow with a great "whew!" :) Several people I know get on me for NOT mixing blacks and browns...but it's a fashion "rule" I follow religiously. But I've been noticing the mix on others, and see hits, but for the most part, misses. :( PS where's the outfit which enabled a table after work?! ;)

    ReplyDelete