Monday, November 15, 2010

Frumpy Skirt

Shirt - Macy's; Skirt - Steinmart; Shoes - Payless;
Necklace and Bracelet - Premiere
.
This skirt hasn't been worn in 3 years because a) I couldn't zip it up and b) I thought it was too frumpy. While it's still not my favorite skirt, I found that if I added a funky hip top and fun shoes and accessorized it right, the frump could be minimized. It is a bit long, which I think makes me look a bit old, but overall a nice, clean, conservative with a bit of sass work outfit.
.
And I did do my happy dance a bit when I zipped it up :-)
.
Husby instituted a new rating system this morning. When I expressed my frustrations with statements like 'You look very Teal today' or 'You look like a teacher', we agreed that a better system would be a Thumb Rating. Thumbs up for good, down for bad, and sideways for indifference.
.
Rating - One Thumb Sideways

2 comments:

  1. Goosie! It's fun to fit back into something again so that's a thumbs up for me. Maybe you could tailor the skirt to bring it up a bit and make it less frumpy. Sorry i couldn't help myself from calling you goosie, that's what i think now when i see your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete