Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oh, the Places You Will Go

Sweater - Chicos (thrifted); Pants and Tee - Steinmart; Shoes - Thrifted;
Ring and E - Premiere; Scarf - Nordstrom (thrifted)
This is a much more conservative look than I'm used to, and to be honest I felt a little 'old' this day. But the sweater was just too pretty to pass up. The color and texture was just fabulous. Maybe I just need to rework it with a skirt or some skinny jeans to modernize the style a bit.
.
But the real story is the shoes. These shoes aren't the most comfortable in my closet, nor the prettiest, nor the best deal, but I think they are my favorites. They are dyeables and I like to imagine the life that they have led; the things that they have seen. Someone wore these shoes on their feet as they stood by friends saying their vows. Someone felt absolutely beautiful in these shoes as they danced the wedding party dance and got pictures taken under a gazeebo. Someone gave up these shoes because they didn't believe they had anything more to offer. I adopted these shoes and every time I put them on, I feel beautiful and I smile thinking of the life that these shoes have had.
.
I know, I'm a dork :-)

1 comment:

  1. You're not a dork, i love that you imagine the life they lived. So charming. The teal color suits you.

    ReplyDelete