Monday, February 7, 2011

Dress Up Play Date

I love reuniting with friends of the past; and even more when that friend comes over for a big girl dress up play date! Although our little girls played dress up, too, of course! But Goose has asked me to guest blog about our little weekend adventure, and I couldn't be more honored! (Or clueless on how to do this...so we'll see how it turns out! :)

Short blurb about me...a hubby with an unbelievable metabolism, 3 c-sections, gestational diabetes, and a mainly stay-at-home 60 pounds later...jammies and shape ups have become my every day apparel. Yes, even to dance class, basketball practice, and preschool drop-offs. Not because I have nothing to wear...but I have nothing comfortable that isn't black or brown...or black...or brown.

Super Goose (SG) to the rescue! (Imagine her diva cape flowing in the wind behind her, flying to my house with her bags of accessories!) I led SG to my closet and apologized for her lack of canvas. I told her how embarrassed I am of my closet, especially the shelves of jammies vs. the hanging blouses and skirts! SG went straight for all of my OHW. Literally, all of them! Really lady? How in the world are you going to pair that with anything in this closet of mine?

Check out these ensembles! I was so far out of my comfort zone...belts, layering, leopard print, oh, my! I can't wait to try on another "out of my comfort zone outfit!" What an amazing experience! In my closet was yellow...and red...and teal! Purple...and pink... Navy blue and tan! I wish we had more time to have played!

Now mind you, I need some picture posing practice, and SG flew to me so quickly I didn't have time for a blow dry and make-up! But I has finding myself laughing and giggling with SG taking pictures after each outfit, I didn't care! So only look at the neck down!

Super Goose, thank you for your glitter, your leopard, your leather, and your silk! You've converted an avid shopper into a girl revisting her closet! -LaraTalena


5 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Wish I had a Super Goose to play dress-up with and see my closet with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post!! You can guest blog any time you want...of course, you'll need to include outfit pics each time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm still drooling over those red shoes......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!!! I love the idea of a grown-up dress-up play-date and it looks like yours was very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wore the teal shirt, black cardi, and black belt today! With jeans...but baby steps! :) My red shoes are the gem of my closet, but as your hubsy says, my stupid shoes. I don't think I could walk across the room without falling on my face! At least I'd look good on the way down, though! :) Thanks for letting me tell our story! SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete