Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Imitation is Flattery

Shirt and Bracelet - Steinmart; Cardi - Thrifted; Skirt and tights - Old Navy;
Boots - Marshall's; Belt - JC Penny
.
First off, a round of applause to my first guest blogger, Lara Talena. It was so much fun playing dress up at your house. Thanks for letting me be bossy and pull you out of your comfort zone while forcing you into belts and jackets and skirts and prints and colors and....okay, I'm getting carried away. But honestly, she went from saying 'This shirt with that skirt?' to 'Yes Ma'am' by the end, so either she was getting into it, or I'm bossier than I think :-)
.
Now, about this outfit. While I did not at all intend to imitate anyone, when I looked at the picture, I immediately thought of Kendi. While I'm not nearly as cute and skinny, this outfit had a color palette that I could picture Kendi in, and the pose and boots with a skirt and dark long hair all screamed Kendi to me. Kendi, if you read this, please be flattered and not offended :-) And in addition to looking good, I felt good all day..everything was warm, but not too heavy and super comfortable. I came home and took a nap in it after work even.
.
Speaking of offended....I asked Husby if he'd take my picture this morning, he emphatically responded 'Now THIS outfit, you look great in' in a way which made me feel a little bit good about today and a whole lot bad and worried about everything else I've worn this year. I know every outfit can't be a home run, but pu-lease!! I love you anyway Husby.
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up

4 comments:

  1. You DO look great. It's a younger look...maybe that's what Husby was responding to? You are usually more sophisticated and polished. I like both looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kasmira. I love being polished, but sometime fun and comfy wins :-)

    And it means a lot coming from the queen of sophisticated, polished, funky fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ruffles and the pockets! Your hair looks cute, too! Everything just came together no nicely here! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS...bossy, no. Wildly talented and creative, yes, ma'am! :)

    ReplyDelete