Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Blues

Shirt - Jones New York (Macy's); Vest - Tommy Hilfiger (Macy's FREE);
Skirt - Old Navy; Tights - We Love Colors; Boots and Bangles - Macy's;
Scarf - Steinmart; Belt - Baby Phat (thrifted)
Wow, the way I'm standing in the first pic makes me look really wide! Note to self...never stand that way again!
.
Happy Valentine's Day, my lovelies! I'm about a week behind in my posting, but thought I'd skip ahead to show what I actually wore on Valentine's Day. I centered the outfit around the vest I got for FREE with Macy's rewards dollars this weekend, which just happened to have red in it, so fortunately for me I did dress for the occasion. I've generally shied away from Tommy stuff because it's just so darn expensive - too expensive to be worth it. I also shy away from red-white-blue clothing cause it's a little too 4th of July-y for me, but I was drawn to this vest because it was a cardigan vest (something totally new to my closet) and I liked how the gray was worked in. I had no trouble building the outfit.
.
I'm also excited to showcase my new hair. I have really limp flat hair on the left side of my head and thick bouncy hair on the right. Why shouldn't my hair be as lopsided as my boobs? I finally went to a real hairdresser to get it trimmed up. It was my friend Jenna's sister Lizzie, and it was the first time in my life that I told a hair dresser my struggles and they gave me exaclty what I needed to fix them! I am so happy with this cut. It's technically kind of an emo cut -lots of short layers on top- but it gives me the lift and body and dimension that I need all around. SO HAPPY!! Now, if only my bangs would grow a little faster!
.
Rating - Two V-Day Thumbs Up!

1 comment:

  1. OK....first thing I noticed was the HAIR! Tooooo cute! I love it! And if that picture makes you look wide, I pray for wide! :) You look beautiful, my dear!

    ReplyDelete