Sunday, February 13, 2011

Great Barrier Reef

Cardi, Dress and Tank - Old Navy; Tights - JC Penny; Belt - NY & Co;
Shoes - Madden (thrifted); Bracelet and Necklace - Premeire
When I bought these shoes, I thought that they were red. But upon closer inspection at home, they are a faded red-y, pink-y, orange-y kind of mix, which almost match perfectly to this coral sweater fom Old Navy. I loved this outfit, especially the uber feminine ruffles of the dress, and got tons of compliments. A closeup of the dress. I am still looking for the perfect red pump to replace the ones that my post baby feet won't fit into.
I actually fell in love with the dress last summer, but it was priced at nearly $40, way too much for me to spend on a sun dress. Imagine my amazement and surprise when I was looking for tights at ON and came across this on a clearance rack, in my size for $3.49. Sorry, Husby, but I had to splurge on myself. Maybe good things do come to those who wait :-)
.
Husby, however, did not like this outfit nearly as much as I did. He said it was 'OK'. When I asked what was wrong, he said he didn't like the colors. That's okay with me. If he had said, 'You look really fat in it' or 'That belt doesn't give you a nice curve', or 'The shoes make your ankles look think', then I'd have probably changed. My color choices....as long as I'm happy with them, that's all that matters to me.
.
Rating - One Thumb Up, One Thumb Sideways

2 comments:

  1. LOL, my husband says similar things about color. His usual complaint is if a skirt is "too puffy" which to him means "not tight enough". If he said I looked "too fat" in anything, I would have to make him build himself a shack in the woods, those are fighting words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post!?! LOVE the shoes most, dress second!

    ReplyDelete