Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Green

Dress - Old Navy (thrifted); Jacket - Gap; Shoes - Charlotte Russe (thrifted);
Belt - TJ Maxx; Necklace - JC Penny; Earrings - Chico's
This outfit actually incorporates some of my favorite items, some of which don't get a lot of wear. First, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these shoes, but the green color is a bit hard for me to incorporate. While I'm much more adventurous than most of my friends (who only wear belts in looped pants and only own brown or black shoes) I'm still kind of conservative when it comes to bringing in color. I am getting better, though :-) The Gap denim jacket is one of those tried and true staples that will have to be pried from my cold dead hands before I part with it. I've had this jacket since the late 90's and wear it religiously in the spring and fall, and whenever else I can work it in. I love the dress for its color, and the earrings for their simplicity, and the dress for its color. And the black belt is worn about once a week anymore.
.
On the GI front, I could have been much better this week. Work has been extremely stressful, and I'm at the end of the quarter, so final projects and exams are underway, and the stess has made me forgetful. I've been forgetting to pack lunches or snacks and have had to get lunch and/or dinner on the fly, which leaves me limited on healthy choices. The good news is that I still lost. 3 pounds this week, giving me a total of 10 so far. I just got back from the grocery store where I bought an ample supply of healthy mini meal options and snacks, so I'm fully armed for a successful week. Crossing my fingers....

No comments:

Post a Comment