Monday, August 2, 2010

Versatile

Dress - Macy's; Shoes - Simply Vera; Bracelet - Old Navy; Ring - Steinmart;
Necklace - Premiere (did you think I could get by without wearing any
Premiere for one day??); Earrings - Chico's

When I got pregnant with my second child, we knew that we were going to wait to have a third until after I finished school (I still have two half-time years to go). We also thought that waiting might make him our last child - the thyroid condition that I have often comes with infertility and early menopause. Both of our children are blessings, since we weren't sure we'd be able to have any at all, and any future children will be the same.
.
But the point of all of this is that I was determined to not add anything to my wardrobe that I couldn't wear post pregnancy. On some items, I failed terribly because they just look too baggy and do nothing for my figure or are a little too generous in the direct tummy area and make me look pregant when I'm not. This dress, however, was a gem. I love this dress. I didn't need it when I bought it, but couldn't walk away from it becuase I was so taken by the unique gray-purple which is truly striking in person. Plus it's a nice comfy and flowy versey dress with POCKETS (I have a secret obsession with pockets) which will come in quite handy when I'm making the treck in our 90+ Cincinnati weather for my 1:00 class. It enhances my bust, and gathers in a decorative way instead of being poochy. This dress will stay in the closet for quite a while.
.
And I've determined that this week will be dress week. I have way too many dresses that don't get a lot of wear because they hide in the back of my horribly small and constrictive closet (one day I WILL have a walk-in). Out of sight out of mind. Not this week :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Goose,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog. We will get through together!
    Great job on the new blog.

    p.s. I'm a big fan of dresses with pockets too.

    ReplyDelete