Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Zarebras

Shirt - Romeo & Juliet Coutoure (via Steinmart); Vest - Motherhood Maternity;
Skirt - Old Navy; Shoes - Rampage (via Macy's);
Necklaces and Earrings - Premiere; Beaded Cuff - Sears
Yes, this vest is also maternity....but you wouldn't know if I didn't tell you. I was finding vests like these all over Plato's Closet when I was killing time before a chiropractor appointment. I never thought of wearing this short vest with my highwaisted skirt, or tucking in this drop-waisted zebra print top, but I needed to get inventive to fulfill my vest week needs. Also, I love how my top half is a little rocker, but my bottom half is conservative secretary, down to my classic piped peep toe pumps. To finish things off, I let my hair do it's own thing and neither straightened nor curled. The barely-there, non-uniform wave that I was left with after my second pregnancy is a little hard for me to just 'let go', but since all of Hollywood is going natural, I'm trying to give it a try. Plus, it takes a hell of a lot less time on days like this one when I slept in....
.
Oh, and 'Zarebra' is what my daughter thought that horse-looking black and white striped zoo animal was until recently. I can't help but think of it and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment