Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Did it My Way

Pants - Style & Co (Macy's); Vest - Thrifted; Tank - Steinmart;
Gladiator Sandals - Simply Vera by Vera Wang (thrifted);
Earrings, Necklace and Bracelets - ME!!
Day two of vest week allowed me to show off my newly discovered jewelry making skills. I had a necklace (from Premiere, who else) which broke. Only item from that line, ever, that I had a problem with, but the design was flawed in that very heavy beads were only held together by string. Instead of returning it, I took the beads that I collected when it broke to Michaels to see if I could find some beads to agument and try to put it back together myself on some clear elastic cord. The results were fabulous, and I found so many beads that I liked and complemented the necklace that I made some earrings and 3 bracelets. I absolutely LOVE the way they turned out. And got quite a few complements from people. Imagine my glee when my response was, "Thanks! I made them!!" I had a grin that lasted all day long. Look for more jewelry experiments in the future. I've got a turqoise bracelet I love that could use a necklace......

No comments:

Post a Comment