Saturday, September 18, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For


Shirt - Max Edition (Steinmart); Pants - Steinmart; Shoes - Coach (TJ MAxx);
Necklaces and Earrings - Premiere; Bracelet - Old NavyThis shirt. I love this shirt. The color. The pattern. The sleeves. the plunging neckline. The way it enhances my chest. I coveted this shirt for MONTHS. I would visit it in the Steinmart Boutuque section and try it on and see how great I looked in it, but put it back because the price was just too high for a shirt. Until finally, one day shortly before Christmas, it made it to the Red Dot Clearance rack. My 30% off coupon (as us Steinmart addicted shoppers used to get mailed to us before the invention of the Elite card) made it less than $10, and it finally came home with mama.
.
That was two years ago. Then I had Eli.
.
This is the kind of shirt that gathers just-so in that place right below your boobs which can make you look pregnant if your belly is a little to plump. It wasn't until now that I finally felt like my boobs actually stuck out more than my stomach (quite a feat for an apple with a modest cuppage) and I brought the shirt out of the anals of my closet and dusted it off. Pairing it with my Coach loafer wedges and some super wide leg pants I felt fantastic.
.
Until I stopped to buy a soda in the afternoon and the cafeteria lady asked me how my babies where and when I was going to have this one.
.
The shirt is back in retirement for a while. And I ate a whole box of cookies. Back to the diet tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Uh! I hope you've worn this shirt since this post! That lady is crazy...you look GREAT in this shirt! Wear it this week! Pleeeeease!

    ReplyDelete