Friday, September 3, 2010

Green with Envy

Shirt - Thrifted (and technically maternity); Skirt - thrifted; Bangle - Old Navy;
Pendant and Earrings - Premiere; Necklace - ME; Shoes - Shoe Carnival
I hated today. I hate my hair, I hate my outfit. I really hate these shoes. I looked and felt like crap today. I was tempted not to post this, but it wouldn't really be in the true spirit of what I'm doing. I need to look at the bad, too and learn not to do it again. I felt like a frumpy cow all day because the skirt was just too tight in the tummy area....and then I realized that it was a size 10 and felt much better. When I started this, I was a size 16. I can comfortably say that I'm a 14 now, so looking like a wrapped sausage in a 10 is AOK. The necklace I'm pretty proud of, though. The pendant came on a necklace when I bought it 5 years ago, but I lost it. I recently bought some beads at Michael's and made me a new one, which I think turned out pretty well.
.
As for the hair....While I was sick, Husby got 500 Days of Summer from the library for me and after watching it twice, I was so in love with Zooey Deshanel that I went and cut my own bangs. Why is it that despite the fact that I regret cutting bangs every time, and spend months growing them out, that I still do it again and again when I see an actress with great fringe? Here we go again.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this skirt! And the shoes, too...no, they are not old-ladyish. Although I'm a gladiator sandle kinda girl! But no...no croppy bangs. I like the side-swept angle you have now!

    ReplyDelete