Friday, September 3, 2010

October Skies

Shirt - Macy's; Pants - Macy's (shortened, courtesy of Moe); Vest - Thrifted;
Earrings, Ring and Necklace - Baker's; Cuff - Premiere (Gift from Husby); Shoes - Franco Sarto (TJ Maxx)
Had to get a closeup of the ring because I think it's so cool. It's an owl and it seems like he's watching me type when I'm at work. Creepy? No..kinda feels lucky. He turns the bottom of my finger green so I can't wear him very often, but it will take a lot fot me to part with Ollie. (yes, I'm a dork and named my ring)
.
I had lots of things to do this day, which required lots of walking, so I thought I'd put my Franco shoes to the test to see if they were worth keeping (I was dubious about their practicality). They failed. MISERABLY. So badly, in fact, that after 4 hours of work (where I spend most of my time in a chair) and a chiropractic appointment, I went to the Plato's Closet next door, took them off my feet and promptly sold them. I then walked barefoot around the store until I found a pair of flats that would allow me to trek to campus for my last final of the quarter without making me want to cut my feet off and found a gorgeous pair of red plaid Jessica Simpson flats which I'm sure will be coming up in posts very soon. And even Husby was proud of my practicality and inventiveness.
.
As for my absence...After working two 16 hour days last week, I needed a break, so I took Friday off. Then, the family, myself included, all came down with a bug that had me out for the count until yesterday. I doubt anyone wants to see pictures of my kiddie-puke-encrusted T's and sweats with unbrushed hair or teeth. I'm back now and, aside from some nasty coughs, all of us are again healthy. More posts will be coming soon, OCTOBER!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The zipper shoes are gone! They were my FAVORITE up to this point! :( I guess better than sitting in the closet, though! :)

    ReplyDelete