Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Do It Yourself

Shirt - Style & Co (Macy's); Pants and Belt - TJ Maxx;
Shoes - Steve Madden (thrifted)
Necklace, Earrings and Bracelets - ME; Ring - Premiere
Lots of details I wanted to show off today. I made this Necklace, earrings and bracelet combo last Saturday evening while Husby made me watch Milla Jovovich movies. I found the large balls, which are actually antiqued gold, copper, silver and black colored wire wrapped around and around to look like balls of yarn, at Michael's one day and, although I wasn't sure what I'd do with them, I had to take them home.
I love the color tones and the uniqueness of the pieces. And, I was complemented on how awesome my jewelry was by total strangers. That makes you feel good.
These shoes are everywhere now. I bought them about 6 months ago at Plato's Closet cause I thought they were super cool, and now they are showing up in magazines and all over TV. Glad I had the foresight to not let these babies pass me by. Also glad that there's someone in the area that has size 9.5-10 feet, great taste in shoes, and likes to recycle at Plato's Closet!
.
I felt awesome this day. the outfit's shape really made me look long and lean and I felt like a million bucks. My hair, however, looks like a giant fuzzball. Note to self - keep the au naturale hair for more casually attired days.
.
Second note to self...these shoes have very high heels. Do not wear again on a day that you have to stop and get groceries on the way home. You will hate your feet.

3 comments:

  1. okay, i LOVE this. might i say that your shape is FANTASTIC?! and i love the jewelry, too... making my own jewelry is something i could do, cuz i spend WAY to much on it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. something i *wish* i could do, that is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I hear a jewerly making party in the making? I think I do.... Invite guests...ask each guest bring $10 and an app/snack to share. Go to store and buy beads (and such) to make a necklace and matching earring set per guest. BYOB and done! :) I'll host...you provide the talent?! :)

    ReplyDelete