Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Outfit That Broke the Rules

Shirt - Steinmart; Scarf - Nordstrom (thrifted); Pants - Target;
Belt - Thrifted; Shoes - Payless; Earrings - Chico's;
Bracelet (really a necklace) - ME; Ring - Premiere
I think this is my new favorite picture of myself. Have I mentioned recently that I love that fall is here because my colors are back? Well, I didn't care that it was 95 degrees the day that I wore this outfit. It was officially fall, damn it!
.
This scarf was a super steal with the Nordstrom tag still on it. I paid $3. The shoes I've had from Payless for about 3 years, and they are one of my faves. I was wearing brown shoes when I saw these and had to add them to the outfit. I love how all of these colors work together and will be revisiting this combo again. And, as I was starting to get upset because I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks (mostly because I haven't been trying too hard) I realized that the pants I was wearing have been in my closet for 8 years. And they still fit. In fact, they were loose by the end of the day (and driving me nuts cause they kept falling down). So, I won't be too hard on myself. I have it on Husby's admission that I look better now that I did when he met me. Maybe he was just saying that cause it's what I wanted to hear, but I feel prettier and more stylish now that I ever have before, so even if the change has only been internal with my level of confidence, I'll still take it. Love you Husby!

No comments:

Post a Comment