Friday, January 7, 2011

Batwings

Sweater - Thrifted; Skirt - JC Penny; Tank - NY & Co (thrifted); Tights - JC Penny;
Boots, Ring and Necklace - Steinmart; Belt - TJ Maxx; Earrings - Premiere
.
In retrospect, I should have gotten a picture of me with my arms out to fully show the ridiculosity of this sweater. I bought it months and months ago at a thrift store, but this is the first time I've been able to figure out how to wear it. And even this I wasn't very happy with. See, the sleeves are elasticized around the wrists, but then connect directly to the waistband of the sweater on the underside. I had to be sure not to walk too fast cause I'd get lift off from the wings this creates. Definitely not aerodynamically sound, but I guess that's not really a concern for me or I'd live in Speedos and wet suits. Honestly, the sleeves were so different, they are what drew me to the sweater....but I digress
.
The main issue was the fact that the waistband hung really low and the wrap style of the sweater meant it was hanging way open and not really giving me any form. Also, it kept falling off of my shoulders. The only way it didn't drive me crazy was to pair with a high waisted skirt where I could wrap it how I wanted and hide the excess down below.
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Sideways
.
Sooooo....this sweater is prompting my first ever giveaway. I just don't have the imagination to style this sweater (or the boobs to prperly fill it out), but I'd love to see how others out there could make this piece work. The sweater is an XL. If you want to give it a try, post a comment below showing your interest and we'll work out the best way to set up the transfer. Of course, you'll have to send pictures so that we can compare :-)

2 comments:

  1. I think the shape of the sweater is really interesting and unique! I love quirky items like this that add that special something to your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Kinsey get the sweater? Where's the pic?

    ReplyDelete