Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wrapped Up in Cheetah

Skirt - Liz Claiborne (thrifted); Sweater - Thrifted; Belt - Baby Phat - Thrifted;
Shirt - FREE (from Mom); Bangles and Ring - Steinmart; Shoes - Thrifted
.
The skirt here is the one hit wonder. Every time I've tried to wear it, I've paired it with a black shirt, which just bored me. Then, my mom gave me this gold number and an idea sparked. I was happy with this outfit when I left, but there were some issues. First, the skirt is a wrap skirt, so it's got extra fabric in the front which makes me look bigger. Not a problem if I wear a more form fitting shirt on the top, but this blousy number only accentuated the problem. Can't see it in the pic above, but if you took a side view, whoa Nelly. I'm not giving up on the skirt, though. Next time, I think I'll try using the black wrap shirt I always want to pull, but adding lots of color with accessories and see how that goes.
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Sideways

3 comments:

  1. The outfit is to die for. You look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the leopard skirt, and it looks awesome with this silky top! I regard leopard as a neutral - you can wear almost any saturated or bright colour with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with a leopard skirt! I love how you added the red belt--it's a great pop of color! I'm following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete