Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bruised Ego

Tank - Lauren Conrad (thrifted); Sweater - TJ Maxx; Skirt - Target; Tights and Belt- NY & Co;
Shoes and Bracelet- Steinmart; Necklace and Earrings - Premiere; Pin - Local crafter
.
My big sister always told me to never wear navy and black together cause I'd look like a bruise. I've never even tried it before. I also try to stay away from wearing red and blue together, cause I equate it to 4th of July attire. I'm really happy with how this turned out, however. And despite the roller coaster that I feel my weight has been for the last 3 years, this skirt has been in my closet since before I met my husband (at least 7 years). And this day, I was able to wear it again. That makes me pretty durn happy :-)
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up

2 comments:

  1. If you wore purple and black together (maybe with a touch of yellow), THEN you'd look like a bruise. :)

    I love navy and black together. Congrats on still being able to wear the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore navy and black the other day, too. But instead of worrying I looked like a bruise, I worried I looked a little too much like someone in the Air Force. Granted, they don't often wear Breton stripes and a huge drapey cardigan in the service, but old fears die hard.

    And you look adorable, and not at all like blood pooled under the skin!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete