Friday, January 21, 2011

Grunge Faux Pas

Vest - August Silk (TJ Maxx); Plaid Tunic - Style & Co (Macy's); Skirt - Old Navy;
Boots - Macy's; Belt - Steinmart; Bracelet - thrifted; Earrings - Premiere
.
The OHW for this outfit is the tunic, but this outfit represents a first for me. The first time wearing brown and black together. Also told since childhood that this was a fashion faux pas, I've seen others pairing brown and black lately and have been dying to try it. When I found this tunic at Macy's a few months ago, with brown and black lines making the plaid (it also mixes silver and gold), I found my perfect opportunity. Of course, the first time I wore it I chickened out and wore it with black leggings, sweater and boots. Baby steps.
.
While Husby didn't like this outfit because it was too segmented, I absolutely LOVED it for the very same reason. The breaks added interest and made the outfit visually stimulating, while elongating me and taking focus off of my apple shape. I felt long and lean and fabulous all day long.
.
And, Style Underdog, I am sporting Sock Tops.....I'll be suprised if I have any whole socks by the end of the winter.... THANK YOU!!!
.
Rating - One Thumb Sideways (Husby), One Thumb Up (ME!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the belted vest look. I give it a thumbs up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thumbs up! I have not figured out the belt over the shirt/vest/anything yet. I can't get it to look right or stay where I put it! Maybe I need a wider stretch belt, and I don't have any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fab. I'd try the socks tops but normally my boots would be to tight then.

    Send me your email so i have it for the pay it forward. CurvyEveryday@gmai.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look beyond reason. Seriously, everything here is not only intensely flattering to your gorgeous shape, but also wildly stylish. AND you look so comfy, too! Home run.

    ReplyDelete