Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Black & White and Read All Over

Cardi - TJ Maxx; Skirt - JC Penny; Shirt - Steinmart; Necklace and Bracelet - Macy's;
Earrings - Premeire; Shoes - Thrifted
This outfit was prepared around my shoes. Normally I wake up in the morning and I have an idea of an item that I would like to wear, then I build an outfit around it. This is the first time I wore these shoes to work and I found that they are a bit too small for me. I can still wear them on work days, but found that I should carry a pair of backup flats for walking to & from the car and on campus for class. I love the wingtips and the classic black and white style. Next time, I'm going to pair them with some bright accents. I've got a pair of green tights which would look like a dream with them.....
I've found myself getting really bored with the conventional radio stations in my city, so I've been listening to an Oldies's station which has a 'One Hit Wonder' feature. I started to think about my closet. I have many, many items in my closet which have only been worn once. So, this month, I'm trying to feature these 'One Hit Wonders'. Today, it's the shirt. This black wrap shirt with ruffled neckline and sleeves was worn on Christmas Eve, 2009. Then I put it away because I thought it was boring. I was merely lacking imagination. I love this classic look which kinda makes me feel like a 1940's dynamo. I need to find me a gumshoe to do some investigating with.
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up

4 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic outfit - those shoes are great! The whole ensemble looks like it was designed for this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love two-tone shoes, they can be so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like everything about this outfit! From the neckline of the blouse to the necklace and your hair but i am very in love with your shoes and skirt and have been hoping to find something that will suit me as well as yours did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I want those shoes!! Seriously I've been looking for a pair just like those and haven't been able to find them anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete