Monday, January 24, 2011

Copy Cat, Before the Fact??

Cardi and Belt - NY & Co; Shirt and Tank (worn as vest) - Steinmart;
Skirt - Macy's; Boots - Marshalls; Jewelry - Premiere
.
Please ignore everything above the neck. I had a client workshop this day, which I had to be at by 7:30 am after getting donuts and some brew for the crew, so husby was not awake when I left. 14 hours later, after workshop and school, I was a haggard mess. But I loved this outfit so much I wanted a photo of it for prosperity. Mustard and Purple...it's genius. This outfit is from January 13, before I saw Sonsy use it. I was holding up my purple skirt to various blouses and cardis in my wardrobe before I passed this tank and went VOILA! But....I remembered that the room I would be workshopping in was very toasy and I'd be taking off my sweater most likely and my pits hadn't seen a razor in a few weeks. Solution....tank as vest! I love wearing items for uses other than their intended :-)
.
The OHW in this outfit are both the sweater and the tank. And I've NEVER worn them together. Ah...the possiblities that this OHW challenge is presenting me. I LOVE IT!!!
.
On the other hand, I went through my closet this weekend and reorganized to put all of my OHWs in the front so that I could see them and focus on building outfits around them. I am almost ashamed to say that the amount means I will be rolling OHW month into February. I'm trying to double up to get through them all, and some of them are quite challenging, but I'm actually kind of excited about it. I guess that's what engineers do. Find a problem, come up with a solution. Execute the task until completion. Even in fashion.
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up

3 comments:

  1. The outfit is definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Judy C is correct. WINNER! Purple and yellow are excellent together. Those boots are perfect. I may have to copy this outfit and give credit to you!

    Chandra
    MoMoMod
    http://www.momomod.com

    ReplyDelete