Sunday, January 30, 2011

Too Short for Comfort



























Sweater - Macy's (FREE); Shirt and Earrings - Steinmart; Skirt - Liz Claiborne (thrifted); Teal tights - Old Navy; Black Chevron Tights - Pea in the Pod (maternity); Belt - thrifted; Shoes - Vera Wang


.
.
.
.
The OHW here is the sweater. I've had difficulty styling this sweater because of the waistline. It's one of those really blousy with elastic at the bottom type sweaters that I used to gravitate to because I thought they hid a lot, but they really just made me look like I had no shape. I LOVE this sweater's colors and neck and the gathers at the top of the shoulders. But that darn waist....I felt like I had luck with tucking it in, and I think it looks good in these pictures, but all the extra material kept clumping inside the skirt. It was really awkward. And it didn't help that the skirt was obscenely short. Not when standing, but whenever I sat you could see the line on my tights where the chevron's stopped and the control top began.
.
Am I willing to give up on the sweater or the skirt?? Not yet. I think I'll be much more comfortable with the skirt if I can add a trim to it..I was thinking some fun Navy lace. And the sweater...well, I'll just have to try it with some other skirts and bottoms and find a way that it works. It's just too pretty to pass on just yet.
.
And I just determined that the best tights ever are maternity tights. The legs are about the same as any other, and the material is the same, but the best part is that the waist line went all the way up to my boobs. No annoying tight roll working its way down my belly. I'm in love.
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up (before I left the house... my thumb was halfmast by lunch)

3 comments:

  1. I never cease to be amazed by how pretty you are, and the colors in this outfit are wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, you are so very sweet. I keep checking your blog for new posts, too. Show me some stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely outfit - your attention to detail is great.

    Did you tuck your sweater into your control tops? That might help with the excess fabric.

    ReplyDelete