Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Evil Twin Donna

Shirt - NY & Co (thrifted); Pants - Steinmart; Vest - August Silk (TJ Maxx);
Shoes - Jessica Simpson Ballet Flats (thrifted); Belt - Baby Phat (thrifted)
.
This outfit is not at all in the theme of the month, having not a singe One Hit Wonder involved, but it was an outfit from a few weeks back that I realized I hadn't posted. In the spirit of the blog, I'm including it now.
.
I was raised in a very strict catholic home, and lived in both the fear of God and my mother, so I was always a good little girl that followed the rules and didn't do anything bad. But there were times when I wanted to (especially when I got into high school), and while I'd like to say I was too resolved, I was really too chicken shit to stray from the straight and narrow. I imagined that I had an evil twin named Donna who would drink and smoke and make out with boys, shop lift, swear...all of the things that I could never bring myself to try. Probably explains a lot of my rebelling when I moved out on my own...not the brightest period of my life, but I digress.
.
When I got to work wearing this outfit, more than one person told me I looked like Donna from That 70's Show. I couldn't help but snicker thinking of my evil twin and all of the naughty things I imagined she'd do.
.
Rating - One Thumb Sideways (husby); One Thumb Up (me)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the marigold yellow with the red pattern! Very daring! I have a similar blouse in green and I often wear it with a sweater vest.

    Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog, Goose!

    Cheers,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combination of colours - the vest is lovely. Very groovy :)

    ReplyDelete