Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tried and True


Shirt - thrifted; Sweater - BCBG (TJ Maxx);
Skirt - Old Navy; Belt and Ring - Steinmart;
Shoes and Pin - Thrifted; Necklace - Premeire









Whenever I have a bad outfit day, I tend to go to a tried and true combo for the next outfit. Since I'm in OHW month, I didn't have a 'Go To' outfit that I hadn't used all of the items a bunch. So....I settled for a tried and true color combo. You can't go wrong with the classic red, white and black.

The OHW of this outfit is the sweater. I bought it for my family Christmas picture of 2008 and hated how I felt in it. The neck was so widely opened that it kept falling off my shoulders and exposing my bra strap. But it was sparkly and red and I couldn't bear to part with it, even though it hadn't seen the light of day. It's very thin, so it didn't occur to me to wear it as a sweater over another shirt. This challenge forced me to think outside of the box, and I'm happy with how this outfit turned out. The striped shirt is an item that I don't think has ever been worn, simply because it was forgotten.
.
Rating - Two Thumbs Up
And the best part of my day was when a random stranger in the bathroom complimented my shoes, saying that they were 'Like a suit for your feet.' Couldn't have said it better myself.

3 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! I envy those of you who can wear (and have places to wear) these fabulous heels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lynn W on the shoes. I also love the brooch or is that part of the necklace. I never would have thought to combine a brooch with a necklace. What a great idea! And the belt you chose is perfect. A solid one wouldn't be as good. Way to go. You have a perfect go to outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those really are fantastic shoes - I would have those in my wardrobe in a snap!

    Love the layering and your use of accessories!

    ReplyDelete